Article 1. General
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to inform you of your/our rights and obligations on the www.meet-my-job.com website. At the heart of this mission is our commitment to transparency regarding the data collected about you, how it is used and with whom we may share it.
"you" or "User" refers to anyone who visits or interacts with the Platform. "Member" refers to a User who has created an account on the Platform. These Terms and Conditions apply to all services offered on the Platform or offered by the Platform manager, Meet-my-job.com as defined below ("Services"), including off-site Services, such as advertising and marketing campaign services.
Article 2. Contract
When you click "Register" to register for our Services, you acknowledge that you have: (i) read these Terms and Conditions, (ii) expressly accepted the set of rights and obligations set forth therein, and (iii) agreed to enter into a legally binding contract with the Platform (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a third party). If you do not agree to this agreement (the "Agreement" or the Terms and Conditions), do not click "Sign Up" (or something similar) or refrain from accessing and using our Services. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may do so at any time by closing your account and no longer using our Services and Platform. By continuing to use the Platform or our Services, following the announcement of or following the notification of changes to the Terms and Conditions, the User and a fortiori the Member, acknowledges having accepted the said modifications.
Article 3. Legal
The Platform is published by MMJ ASSOCIES SRL, having its registered office at Rue de l'Orient 105, 1040 Etterbeek, Belgium and registered under number 0788.485.185 with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises.
Address of the website host: azure.microsoft.com
This site is hosted on Microsoft's Cloud offering (Azure). It is geographically located in Microsoft's hosting center, located within the European Union.
Article 4. Obligations of Members and Users
To use the Services, you must; (1) hold a single account on the Platform in your real name and identity; and (2) have not been prohibited by the Platform from using its Services. Creating an account with incorrect information is a violation of our Terms and Conditions, especially in the case of accounts registered in the name of third parties. You are responsible for all use of your account unless you close your account or report misuse. If you are applying for a student or housing job advertisement, you must: (1) be of the minimum legal age required or higher to be able to accept student jobs and make a legal commitment (To apply for a student job this means to have reached at least the age of 16 and be a student, i.e. attending a full-time education or being 15 years old and having completed the first two years of secondary education, unless these rules are subject to legislative changes.), (2) provide accurate and correct data relating to your status and identity. If you apply for internships or other graduate job offers, you also agree to provide only accurate data about your profile, education/academic background and status.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) to comply with the law, and (3) you warrant the veracity of the information contained in your Profile and in any publications or advertisements you publish.
You agree that we may provide you with notices and messages in the following ways: (1) on the Platform or (2) sent to contact information provided by you to us (e.g., email address, mobile number, mailing address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date. Our Services allow you to send messages through your profile and/or email. In accordance with the available settings, we will respect your preferences regarding the visibility of content and information. For more information on the protection of your personal data, please refer to Article 7 below.
Sharing ads on the Platform: You agree to only provide content and data that violates any law and does not violate anyone's rights (or any intellectual property rights). Likewise, you guarantee the veracity of the information contained in these advertisements. Ads placed on the Platform must also comply with the publication rules described below:
- Ads for 'multi-tiered' sales systems, i.e. where Person A earns a commission on Person B's sales, are prohibited and removed.
- By placing your ad on the Platform, you authorize meet-my-job.com to publish the text and photos of this ad in: a newsletter, a blog, social networks, or other.
- We reserve the right to remove a listing for any reason.
- The Platform also reserves the right to choose the ads it mentions/publishes on its site, taking into account its selection criteria. It also reserves the right to withdraw at any time and without prior notice any announcement or reference or reference to the referenced sites and partners or any published information whatsoever.
These provisions apply to all advertisements placed on the Platform.
Article 5. Provision of the Services by the Platform and meet-my-job.com
Access and navigation: The Platform is accessible free of charge to any User with internet access. The user bears all costs related to access to the Platform. The Platform takes all reasonable measures to ensure the proper functioning, security and accessibility of the Platform. However, the Platform does not offer a guarantee of operability and the Platform's actions must therefore be considered as being covered by an obligation of means. The Platform also assumes no responsibility in the event of temporary or permanent inaccessibility of the Platform.
Content: The partners of the Platform are responsible for the announcements they publish on the Platform. Thus, despite the verification efforts made by meet-my-job.com concerning the content and ads included on the Platform, it cannot be ruled out that certain errors may appear on the Platform. If you become aware of any errors on the Platform, please report it immediately to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Platform declines all responsibility for any errors in Members' publications or for any viruses that may infect the User's or Member's computer equipment after using or accessing the Platform, although security measures are put in place. The Platform cannot be held liable in the event of unforeseen events or force majeure.
Referrals to third-party or partner sites and hypertext links: The Platform consists of advertisements, hypertext links and references to third-party or partner sites. By clicking on them, the User will exit the Platform. The latter has no control over and cannot be held responsible for the content of the web pages linked to these links. The websites referenced are indeed independent of the Platform and no agency, partnership (in the legal sense), joint venture, employer-employee or franchisor-franchisee relationship is envisaged, existing or created between the Platform and any User, Candidate Member or Employer/Owner Member or referenced site. The Platform excludes any liability for damages resulting from the use of the sites referenced on the Platform.
Restrictions: Meet My Job reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including your ability to contact other Members. Meet-my-job.com reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you fail to comply with this Agreement or the law or your use of the Services is abusive.
Liability: Meet-my-job.com is exclusively liable to you for direct damage caused by its negligence or willful misconduct. Meet-my-job.com assumes no liability arising out of this Agreement for lost profits or lost opportunities, damage to reputation, loss of your data or content, use thereof, or any changes made or any indirect, incidental or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, loss of profits or revenues, loss of turnover, financial or economic loss, increased overhead costs and disruption of schedules, business interruption costs, reputational damage or loss of customers, even if such damage was reasonably foreseeable. In all cases, meet-my-job.com's liability is limited to EUR 3,000. However, this clause shall not have the effect of excluding the liability of the Platform and its managers in the event of theft or intentional misconduct.
Article 6. Intellectual property
Advertisements, trademarks, logos and content of all kinds on the Platform: The trademarks, logos, texts, software, scripts, graphics, photos, advertisements, as well as the content of all kinds on the Platform (graphic illustrations, texts, etc.) are protected by intellectual property rights and mainly by copyright.
The reproduction, communication, copying of this content or any other use, with the exception of use for private purposes by the User, requires prior written authorization from the Platform and meet-my-job.com. As such, any reproduction, representation, adaptation, translation and/or transformation, in whole or in part, or transfer to another site is prohibited. Their reproduction, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Meet My Job, is strictly prohibited.
Violation of this provision subjects the offender to the criminal and civil penalties provided for by law, including the obligation to compensate the Platform for damage, which will be assessed at a flat rate of EUR 3,000 per infringement, without prejudice to the right of meet-my-job.com to claim compensation for the entirety of its damage if it exceeds the lump sum mentioned above.
Trademarks, logos and content of all kinds from third-party sites, Members, Users and partners: The Platform also includes the trademarks, logos, advertisements and content of advertisers and Users/Members. By deciding to publish content on the Platform, you guarantee that you have sufficient rights and authorizations to do so and you grant a free, non-transferable and worldwide license of use to the Platform. This license includes the rights of reproduction, modification and communication to the public in their broad interpretation and as favorable as possible to the Platform. If you are not the direct owner of the elements included in your publications/announcements, you guarantee to the Platform that you have sufficient authorizations from the rights holders in question. In the event of a problem, you agree to be solely responsible and you agree to ensure a peaceful use of this license right to the Platform and to indemnify the Platform for any damage suffered in this regard and not to hold the Platform liable. The user license for the content is valid for the entire duration of the contractual relationship and is granted free of charge for worldwide use by the Platform. At your request, the use of your intellectual property rights may be terminated after notifying the Platform of your wish to terminate the contractual relationship. The Platform shall then cease using your intellectual property rights on the Platform for the future within 30 working days of your written notification.
Article 7. Data protection
The General Terms and Conditions and specific data protection provisions apply whenever you use our Services. In this article, you will be able to understand how we will process your personal data.
Data Controller: The General Terms and Conditions and the specific provisions relating to data protection are published by MMJ ASSOCIES SRL, having its registered office at Rue de l'Orient 105, 1040 Etterbbeek, Belgium and registered under number 0788.485.185 with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises.
If you have any questions about data protection or to exercise your legal rights (as described in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR")), please email us at: email@example.com
Data collected and processed: To create an account on the Platform, you must provide your name, email address and password. When using our Services, however, you will have the opportunity to provide other personal data, such as your CV, and you will be able to choose the information on your profile, such as your education, work experience, skills, photo, gender, city/region, age, language skills and driving license information. You are not required to provide any additional information on your profile. However, profile information allows you to get the most out of our Services, including gaining visibility with recruiters. We collect personal data from you when you create an account, fill out a form, respond to a survey, submit a CV or complete an application on our Platform. When you create an account and register by clicking on "register" on the Platform, you give your consent to the processing of your personal data by the Platform. The same applies as soon as you voluntarily provide other personal data to the Platform.
We also receive personal data about you when you use our services (e.g. jobs or internships you have applied for on the Platform). However, Meet My Job never collects sensitive data on the Platform. You are also asked not to provide this type of data.
Purposes of processing: Your data is processed for the following purposes:
- Access to the Platform: When you visit the Platform, certain personal data relating to browsing on the Platform is collected. See Article 8 on Cookies in this regard.
- Execution of the mission and the meet-my-job.com contract and provision of the Services: the data is used in the context of a connection between job candidates and employers and between prospective tenants and owners. By applying for a job offer or an advertisement through the Platform, Meet My Job considers that the User explicitly agrees and gives informed consent for his or her information to be processed for the purposes mentioned and communicated to the publisher of the job or internship ad to be put in contact. Personal data is processed on the Platform so that the Services can be provided and to allow Users and Candidate Members to track their applications.
- Respond to your requests and ensure that we can communicate: When you submit a request relating to the Platform, or simply for any communication you send to us, we are required to process your personal data. This processing is the result of your special request.
- Keep you informed via our Newsletter and offers about our Services and/or our partners' products and Services: the data collected may also be used to send newsletters and information or promotional campaigns dedicated to certain products and Services offered on meet-my-job.com or other partners.
- In order to carry out direct digital marketing campaigns, including targeting campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Google Display, your data may also be processed.
- Communicate offers from our partners: Users' personal data will not be transmitted to external service providers, but we are likely to keep you informed of certain products and services offered by our partners.
- Meet My Job may process your data to understand and improve its Services or its commercial relationships or with its customers in general.
- Amicable or judicial defence of our interests: We may be required to process your personal data in order to defend our interests, for example in the event of a dispute with you or with a third party. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is to be able to provide our advisors with all the information necessary to effectively defend our interests.
- Your data may also be used to protect you, us, or others from threats (security or fraud threats).
- Your data is also useful to us to manage our business.
- Where processing is required by law: We may need to process your personal data where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- Any other processing that would be justified by a legitimate interest of meet-my-job.com: Legal basis for processing: We will only collect and process personal data about you for which we have legal bases. The legal bases include your consent (where you have given your consent by clicking on the box for this purpose during the registration process), the contract (where the data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, for example, to provide you with the Platform services you have requested) and the "legitimate interests" of Meet My Job or third parties. The User who has provided his/her contact data or any other personal data of initiative and who has registered on the Platform therefore expressly consents to their processing by the Platform for the purposes mentioned above. Clicking on the "Register" option or a similar checkbox, or sending personal data on your own initiative to the Platform is interpreted as an active process of free and informed consent for the processing by Meet My Job of the personal data transmitted. Where the processing of your personal data is subject to your consent, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent at any time; Where the processing of your personal data is subject to legitimate interests, you have the right to object (see the section on users' rights in this regard. If you have any questions about the legal bases we rely on for the collection and use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
In very rare cases, if this consent is withdrawn by the data subject but the storage and/or processing of said data is still justified, the Platform will rely on the legal basis relating to legitimate interest or relating to the performance of a legal obligation, as the case may be.
User rights: the User may withdraw his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data by the Platform at any time. This request must be made by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The other data protection rights granted to Users under the GDPR are as follows:
- Right of access: You can access your personal data at any time through your interface/member account, and request a copy of it. You also have the right to request the rectification of your data or to make the necessary changes directly in your member account.
- Right to withdraw your consent: Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent, without such withdrawal being such as to call into question the processing of your personal data that took place before the withdrawal of your consent
- Right to erasure of your personal data: As the person whose data is collected, and always under the legal conditions, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. In this case, you are aware that we may have to block access to the Platform and the Services, depending on the circumstances. We may also be prevented from fulfilling your requests.
- Right to restriction of processing of your data: Restricting the processing of your personal data means that we stop processing your data but continue to retain your data.
- Right to portability of personal data: You have the right to request that your data be compiled into a document in machine-readable format, with a view to using it for personal purposes or having it transferred to a third party.
These rights can be exercised at any time by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com. If your request is well-founded, the Platform will not fail to respond promptly. If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data, please contact the Platform at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention and Transfers: We generally retain your personal data for as long as your account remains open or we need it to provide you with the Services. This includes data that you or third parties have provided to us as well as data generated or inferred based on your use of our Services. Even if you only use our Services to search for a job or internship sporadically, we keep your information and keep your profile open unless you close your account. In some cases, we retain information (such as information about the use of the Services) in a de-identified or aggregated manner.
Deletion of your account: Each Member may, via the settings of his account on the Platform, directly delete his account, which permanently deletes all the personal data we have of the Member, as well as all information in relation to his User behavior on the Platform.
Partners, suppliers and third parties to whom the data may be transmitted: For the purposes mentioned above, Meet My Job may transfer some of your personal data (name and contact details) to the following parties:
- Employers for which the User/Member has actively applied
- Facebook, Instagram and Google Display for marketing campaigns (For more information, we refer you to the privacy policies specific to these players, which can be consulted on their websites)
For all cases where data is transmitted, meet-my-job.com ensures that transfers are made only when necessary for the achievement of the purposes identified in these Terms and Conditions and Meet My Job ensures at all times that its suppliers or partners process your personal data.
Data collected by the third-party sites mentioned on the Platform: The Platform cannot be considered as a data controller or subcontractor of any data with regard to the GDPR for the personal data that the User communicates to the sites referenced on the Platform or to the personal data that may be collected and processed by these sites or advertisers. The Platform refers the User to the privacy policies set out on the sites in question for any information relating to the processing of personal data by these sites.
Complaint: If, after contacting the Platform at the following email address: email@example.com, you believe that the Platform has not been able to provide an adequate response in terms of the protection of personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in Belgium is the Data Protection Authority accessible at the following link: www.dataprotectionauthority.be .
Article 8. Cookies
Duration of cookies: Depending on the type of cookie in question, the cookie may be deleted as soon as you close the browser page (so-called "session cookies"), or stored until manually deleted or expired (so-called "permanent cookies"), by you. The storage of cookies on your device does not give rise to the disclosure of personal information.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies without which it is impossible to browse the Site. If you object to the use of these cookies, you will no longer be able to use the Site.
- Video playback cookies: The Platform also contains cookies necessary for the playback of videos on third-party platforms such as Youtube. The use of these cookies is subject to your consent. By refusing the use of these cookies, certain features of the Platform will be inaccessible to you.
- Performance and analysis cookies: These cookies such as Google Analytics are used to determine statistics relating to the use of the Platform (the most viewed pages, the exit pages of the Platform, duration of the visit to the Platform, etc.), with the aim of improving the performance of the Platform and the browsing experience of the User and Members.
The use of these cookies is subject to your consent. By refusing the use of these cookies, the Platform will still be accessible to you, but the functionalities of the Platform may be affected. You can also disable cookies at any time via the settings of the browser software as well as via the cookie banner on the Platform. It is possible for you to identify which cookies are installed on your device, and to manage their presence/deletion. To do so, please consult the explanatory notes provided by the browsers listed below. We are in no way responsible for the accessibility or content of these pages:
• Google Chrome
• Google Chrome Mobile
• Microsoft Edge
• Firefox Mobile
• Mobile Safari
Article 9. General
The nullity or unenforceability of any of the clauses of these General Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or applicability of the other clauses. If necessary, the disputed clause will be replaced by a valid clause that is closest from an economic point of view to the invalid or unenforceable clause. The fact that the Platform does not avail itself of these General Terms and Conditions at a given time cannot be interpreted as a waiver of its right to avail itself of them at a later date.
Article 10. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The General Terms and Conditions are subject to Belgian law. The absence of an amicable resolution in the event of a dispute between the parties implies recourse to the competent Brussels courts to settle the dispute. However, this jurisdiction clause does not preclude the right of the user who has the status of consumer or data subject for data protection purposes to bring proceedings before the courts of his place of residence or any other court that must have jurisdiction under Belgian law.